Q. Is seeing lines and web like things after an accident serious?

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat
Published on Jan 04, 2019

I recently met an accident and I was wearing a helmet and it was ripped off in two meters and then for around five meters, I was without a helmet. Then after that moment I fell down and saw some lines and web like things. I consulted three doctors and every one is saying that there is no problem in my eyes. So, I even took a brain scan and the result is nothing and this is the third day. Even now I have not got any change. I am still seeing the lines and all. Can you please suggest anything for this? I am highly worried.

#

This condition is called eye floaters, this might be a benign condition but in your case, as it popped up just suddenly after eye trauma, I would be going to an eye specialist, as this might be a sign of vitreous or retinal detachment or inflammation in the posterior part of the eye. CT scan will not show anything but they need to do retinoscopy. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I have gone through retinoscopy also, which ended up with nothing. I am waiting for your reply.

#

If retinoscopy is fine, I am hoping this is benign, as, if there was a complicated thing, it must have shown up. So, it might be mild inflammation that will go away with time. Continue above medication.

How to treat bruising under the eye caused by trauma?

Query: Hello doctor, I got hit on my cheek by a rock while doing some work. The area under my eye swole up and caused me to have a black eye. Now a whole one year two months later, I still feel the bruising of under eye similar to the look of a black eye. Is there a certain term for this?  Read Full >>

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The certain term for this is the black eye that you have told yourself. This is a particular term (black eye) used for trauma to eye area resulting in blood collection around it. Another term used for it is raccoon eyes or panda eyes as it forms a complete ring aroun...  Read Full

I am suffering from eye floaters and halos around the lights. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from eye floaters, halos around the lights, photo after image, ghost image. First floaters started two years ago, then after 6 to 7 months later. I started seeing halos around the light then ghost image and three months ago, I started seeing photo afterimage. I am reall...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Floaters, photo after-images, ghost images are usually seen in disorders of the retina. Halos are indicative of corneal edema due to various reasons. There are a lot of diseases which can cause such a picture. At the same time, if you only experience these problems onc...  Read Full

What is the cause for eye floaters problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 56 years old male. I have eye floaters problem. I have blood pressure. I am taking tablets for it.  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Rathi
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The floaters in the front of the eye indicate disease in the posterior segment of the eye that is retina or vitreous. As you have raised blood pressure, though you are taking medication, you have an increased chance of having retina and vitreous problems. You can get yo...  Read Full