Q. My daughter got hit on her head with a wooden swing. What to do?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

My daughter got hit in the head with a wooden swing by my other child. It hit above the eye between eyebrow and temple. She is acting fine. It is very swollen and bruised, like a very large goose egg. Do you think that calls for a trip to the doctor or just more ice packs? It has been about three hours since the injury.

#

• As it is an injury around the eye, it may cause congestion in the eyes and secondary infection as well. She also needs analgesics. It is not a small injury to be treated only by ice packs.
  • I suggest you try doing the following:
  1. Get an x-ray of the frontotemporal region of the head.
  2. Paracetamol 15 mg per kg, two times a day.
  3. Meet an ophthalmologist.
  4. Apply ice pack gently and intermittently.

Review back with the x-ray.

Revert with more information to a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|