Q. Why did my right eye get smaller than my left eye for a few seconds?

Dr. Neha Rathi

Suddenly, my right eye got smaller than my left eye for a few seconds (15 seconds) and then it came back to normal. It has happened a few times now. Why is this?

#

I have gone through the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per your age and as it is occurring for the first time, I want answers to the following questions.

1. Do you feel tiredness in your eyes?
  2. Does this increase in the evening?
  3. Are you diabetic?
  4. Do you have any history of trauma to your eyes?

Revert back as soon as possible.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I had pain behind my eyes a few times and light sensitivity on exposure to the sun. My eyes were tired this morning even though I slept well in the night. Otherwise, during the day they will not get tired. I got it for the first time early in the morning but, then a few more in the afternoon, yesterday and today in the afternoon as well. No, I am not diabetic, and I never had any trauma to my eyes.

#

You are having ocular myasthenia gravis. I want you to have a blood test for anti-acetylcholine receptor antibody. It has less sensitivity but, still to rule out we have to do this test. Also, if it occurs for a longer time, keep an ice pack on your eyelid for one minute and see if it gets normal. Take a pre and post pictures of it with a flashlight and send it to me. Another test is to look upwards towards your ceiling fan for two minutes. Then look into the mirror. If it gets worse, revert back with reports.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I do not feel any fatigue when I look up at the ceiling. How long do I need to look up at the ceiling? It does not bother when I see the ceiling.

#

You have to look at the ceiling for two minutes. It is great if it does not bother you. Just do the ice pack test and the blood test. Revert back to me with the reports.

|