Q. Bruise in eye caused discoloration and is not fading out. What should I do now?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

I am having a problem with my eyes. I had a black eye a month ago and it swelled and bruised. The bruise went from purple to dark purple to yellowish-green and then brown. Now it stuck with brown and I am getting worried that it won't fade away. What do I have to do? Or what medicine do I need to take? I am getting worried.

#

I think it is due to any blunt trauma to the eye. As you have described it is changing color so that color change will be due to pigments change in the blood. Is there any trauma history? Kindly send a picture of your eye so that I can diagnose it properly. Without an image it is a bit difficult to say. And is there any effect on your vision? Kindly provide answers to the above queries, I will guide you for treatment.

My vision was blurry but now it is clear. I experienced double vision when I look left, right, up, and down but now it has improved and my eye had blood spot then but now it is cleared. The only problem I have is the bruise on my eye and I have attached the picture below.

#

As I told you before it is looking like blood collection under your eyelids as its visible in photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It will resolve by itself but it will take time for it. You can do cool compression with an ice pack or ice cubes on the eye that will help you in your problem.

|