Q. What can be the cause of burning sensation in eyes after ICL surgery?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Published on Mar 22, 2019

I did my ICL surgery six months back. Now my right eye is burning. What can be the cause of that?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

A burning sensation is the chief complaint of patients with dry eyes. The causes of dry eye are several in number and ICL surgery by itself rarely causes dry eye. Although there are innumerable causes of dry eyes, the treatment is purely based on the severity of symptoms and usually starts with carboxymethylcellulose acetate 0.5 % eye drops. In case you do want to find out the exact cause of your dry eyes, you would need to get a thorough eye exam with or without eye or blood tests. In case you have any further questions, kindly send me a scanned copy of your doctors report, test reports. I will do my best to help you.

I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old female going through dry eyes for the past 45 days. I have been to three different doctors but no relief. I feel heaviness in the eyes along with pain and redness. I have been given a gel and a tube (Systane eye drop and Ara gel). Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dry eye syndrome is a condition which can best be managed but cannot be treated, since it is caused by multiple factors like age, environment, etc. The good thing is that it is not dangerous. You are already using Systane (Propylene glycol) and Ara gel (Hydroxypropyl me...  Read Full

Please suggest Ayurveda treatment for back pain and burning sensation in eyes.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old and since past eight months, I have been suffering from weakness, lower back pain, muscle twitches. I have been masturbating for over 10 years and I have noticed I feel these symptoms more after I masturbate. I feel my legs are not strong enough, standing for a long tim...  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See if all of your investigations are normal then it will not be a serious issue. However, if you are feeling all these symptoms due to masturbation then, first of all, try to control the excessive urge of masturbation. However, masturbation i...  Read Full