Q. My eyes injured accidentally by a pest spray and I rinsed it immediately. Will it affect my vision?

Dr. Dadapeer. K

I accidentally got Amdro indoor pest killer in my eyes. I immediately rinsed it out and continued to do so for 15 minutes under the tap water. Will the spray affect my vision?

#

It seems from the history that a pest killer went into your eye, and you have immediately washed the eye for 15 minutes. It is a good thing you have done by washing the eye. This is the first line of treatment, and you have done it.

The next mode of treatment depends on the symptoms. The general treatment is the use of antibiotic eye drops and artificial tears eye drops.

If you are having symptoms of pain, irritation, redness, discharge, watering, blurring of vision, then you need to consult your doctor for an examination to assess any damage to the cornea and other vital structures and treat accordingly.

Hence as of now, you can use antibiotic eye drops like Ciprofloxacin and artificial tears eye drops like Refresh tears and do consult your eye doctor for further examination and treatment.

If you have washed the eyes immediately following fall of pesticide and if the quantity of the pesticide is small no problem will occur and it will not affect vision.

|