Q. My eyes injured accidentally by a pest spray and I rinsed it immediately. Will it affect my vision?

Dr. Dada Peer K
Published on Oct 28, 2019

I accidentally got Amdro indoor pest killer in my eyes. I immediately rinsed it out and continued to do so for 15 minutes under the tap water. Will the spray affect my vision?

Dr. Dada Peer K

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

It seems from the history that a pest killer went into your eye, and you have immediately washed the eye for 15 minutes. It is a good thing you have done by washing the eye. This is the first line of treatment, and you have done it.

The next mode of treatment depends on the symptoms. The general treatment is the use of antibiotic eye drops and artificial tears eye drops.

If you are having symptoms of pain, irritation, redness, discharge, watering, blurring of vision, then you need to consult your doctor for an examination to assess any damage to the cornea and other vital structures and treat accordingly.

Hence as of now, you can use antibiotic eye drops like Ciprofloxacin and artificial tears eye drops like Refresh tears and do consult your eye doctor for further examination and treatment.

If you have washed the eyes immediately following fall of pesticide and if the quantity of the pesticide is small no problem will occur and it will not affect vision.

Does knee inflammation after stopping steroids mean auto-immune disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter (4 years old) had an eye injury around seven months back. She is now diagonised with granulomatous panuvietis. I have consulted in person around six opthalmologists and they have told that it is due to eye injury. However, one of them wanted me to go for auto immune tests ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer your queries one by one. Eye injury may sometimes set up the autoimmunity. It is not clear in your question how much eye problem she currently has. Inflammation anywhere in body could be set up by infection, autoimmunity, or auto-inflammatory d...  Read Full

My eyes are paining as I slept with contact lenses. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I am using contact lenses daily. But yesterday, I slept with it in my eyes. When I woke up, my eyes were red and itching. It is painful, and water is coming out continuously from my eyes. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is associated with a lot of long-term and acute problems if you wear contact lenses during sleep. Immediately remove contact lenses and start using antibiotic eye drops and artificial tear substitutes frequently. You can send pictures of your eyes and old records for b...  Read Full

After a fall my child's cheek turned blue. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My child fell from a seesaw. He got hurt near his cheek and that area turned blue. There was no bleeding at all. It is there for over 2-3 days. Today, we saw the blue area extended near the eye. What should we do now? I have attached the photos for your reference. Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns and I have thoroughly gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The bluish discoloration signifies that there was bleeding at that region due to trauma and now it is healing. The bluishness which is reaching...  Read Full