Q. I am suffering twitching of eyelids. Kindly help.

Dr. Satish Bhavsar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 03, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 05, 2019

I am 16 years old, and I am very worried about the health of my eyes. I have been having two problems with my eyes recently. One of my ongoing problems is twitch with my eyelids. I cannot keep my eye open for too long without this happening. It bothers me and distracts me a lot at school.

The other problem I have is a small black dot that seems to float around in my eye. I cannot look straight without it appearing. I have this problem for a couple of months now, and I am starting to get worried. It frustrates me very much and bothers me when trying to learn at school. I sometimes have to use one eye to be able to read or see some things. I am worried about telling my parents and do not know how to say to a doctor without making an appointment.

#

Twitching eyes are due mostly to dry eyes in your age because of exposure to the computer monitor and prolonged use of mobile phone, which can be taken care of by the use of artificial tears (lubricating eye drops). The important issue is your left eye redness and black spot, which could be either because of swelling in your eye or a foreign body in the eye. It is a severe problem and should not be ignored. It needs an expert opinion and proper treatment.

Once you consult an eye doctor and know the diagnosis we can discuss other issues

|