Q. I am suffering twitching of eyelids. Kindly help.

Dr. Satish Bhavsar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am 16 years old, and I am very worried about the health of my eyes. I have been having two problems with my eyes recently. One of my ongoing problems is twitch with my eyelids. I cannot keep my eye open for too long without this happening. It bothers me and distracts me a lot at school.

The other problem I have is a small black dot that seems to float around in my eye. I cannot look straight without it appearing. I have this problem for a couple of months now, and I am starting to get worried. It frustrates me very much and bothers me when trying to learn at school. I sometimes have to use one eye to be able to read or see some things. I am worried about telling my parents and do not know how to say to a doctor without making an appointment.

Do you have a question on Twitching Of The Eyelid or Black Spot In Eye?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Satish Bhavsar

MBBS., MS
Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Twitching eyes are due mostly to dry eyes in your age because of exposure to the computer monitor and prolonged use of mobile phone, which can be taken care of by the use of artificial tears (lubricating eye drops). The important issue is your left eye redness and black spot, which could be either because of swelling in your eye or a foreign body in the eye. It is a severe problem and should not be ignored. It needs an expert opinion and proper treatment.

Once you consult an eye doctor and know the diagnosis we can discuss other issues

I have been feeling a pulsating nerve under my right eye.What to do?
Query: Hello, I am a 35 year old male. For a week now I have been feeling a pulsating nerve under my right eye. It is not on the eyelid, approximately 3-4 cm below it. It is present only sometimes and visible when I look at the mirror.  Read Full >>
Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having twitching of the eyelid. No need to worry as most of the times it is a benign event and will decrease on its own. The common causes of twitching are stress, lack of sleep and excessive intake of ca...  Read Full

I suffer from headache with difficulty in seeing bright lights. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am unable to look at the sunlight for six to seven seconds before three and a half weeks ago. The sun was behind a cloud and was not very bright. It looked like a white golf ball in the sky. I get mild headaches every day caused by bright lights and the lights at night such as street l...  Read Full >>
Dr. Sankaran Mathangee
Eye Care Ophthalmologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seeing the sun and very bright lighting can cause damage resulting in phototoxicity and can cause macular (the focusing part of the retina) damage. So I would suggest you avoid such things again. I would recommend you use sunglasses while you are outside and use lubrica...  Read Full

Why do my eyes twitch after looking at a computer screen for more than 15 minutes?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 66 year old male, who has a normal eyesight. Last week while I was watching a film on my laptop, suddenly both my eyelids started twitching (fluttering). After that, whenever I look at a computer for more than 15 minutes, the burning sensation starts. The same is true while I read...  Read Full >>
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Twitching of the eyelids can happen due to the following reasons:Fatigue following excessive usage.Spontaneous nerve discharge (very common and benign).Irritation of nerves due to vascular pathology and mass effect.Hemifacial spasm.Apart from Refresh tears, you can use a...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now