Q. My left eye was damaged in an accident 17 years ago. Can anything be done now?

Dr. Anand
Published on Oct 13, 2017

I am a 24 year old male. My left eye was damaged in an accident when I was 7 years old. Can any procedure possibly be done now? I did not go for any check-up previously.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have gone through the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It is a phthisical eye. For cosmetic reasons, you can go for an artificial prosthetic eye.
  • If the vision is lost, nothing can be done now.
  • Send high-quality pictures of your eyes for better assessment and treatment.

Do follow-up for any queries.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

My father has a constant pain in head after eye surgery. Please give your expert advice.

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 53 years old, is suffering from diabetic retinopathy and has undergone vitreoretinal surgery. After the surgery, his eye (right) responded well. But now, there is a constant pain in his head. The doctors said that there is some pressure in the eye, which increases and re...  Read Full »

My sister lost her vision due to TB. Is it possible to get the vision back?

Query: Hi doctor,My sister is 33 years old. She has been suffering from vision loss for five years. At the time of treatment, it was diagnosed as TB. Since from then, she has been taking all the medicines for the disease till it cures completely. Now, she has undergone the MRI of the brain. I am attaching ...  Read Full »

From the past 1 year, I noticed hearing loss

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 43 year old male. I am suffering from hearing loss for the past one year. It is severe in the right ear and average in the left. I am facing many problems in office due to this. I visited a doctor and he diagnosed it as otosclerosis after some audio test. My elder sister has such...  Read Full »