Q. My mother is suffering from severe eye pain. Kindly suggest some effective medicine.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

My mother is having severe pain in my eyes for two days. Swelling below eyes and headache also. She is not having eye problem but use specs for eyes sight. Please suggest effective medicine.

#

Pain, along with headache, suggest, increases eye pressure. I will tell medicines for relief for now, but tomorrow you have to see an ophthalmologist in person. Start with,

1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times.

2. Tablet Acetazolamide 250 mg stat and one at bedtime (kindly rule out an allergy to the sulfa group if drugs).

3. Tablet Diclopara plus Serratiopeptidase once after meals.

It can be angle closures glaucoma so please see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible.

|