Q. My mother is suffering from severe eye pain. Kindly suggest some effective medicine.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

My mother is having severe pain in my eyes for two days. Swelling below eyes and headache also. She is not having eye problem but use specs for eyes sight. Please suggest effective medicine.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Pain, along with headache, suggest, increases eye pressure. I will tell medicines for relief for now, but tomorrow you have to see an ophthalmologist in person. Start with,

1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times.

2. Tablet Acetazolamide 250 mg stat and one at bedtime (kindly rule out an allergy to the sulfa group if drugs).

3. Tablet Diclopara plus Serratiopeptidase once after meals.

It can be angle closures glaucoma so please see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible.

I have headaches, eye pain and vomiting. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I have a cluster head ache for the past five years. I feel severe pain behind my eye, which normally ends with vomiting. This happens for three to four days at a stretch. I do not want to undergo any surgery immediately. Hence, kindly advise me medications t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I want to inform you that a cluster headache is a type of a migraine and it needs to be managed like one. The guidelines suggest that if you have two or more days lost in a month due to a headache, the prop...  Read Full

In how many days does the swelling due to nephrotic syndrome in a baby reduce?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter, 2.8 years old was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome. She had swelling in limbs, private part, stomach, and eyes. She also had slight cold during that time, but no running nose or cough. I have attached her reports. From the last one week, we started medicine, post which ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Tarek Algamal
Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see clearly that your daughter’s condition is improving (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is the nephrotic syndrome of minimal change type as usually comes in the children. The reason behind less improvement in the private area and st...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now