Q. Why am I having severe eye pain with fever, throat pain and dry mouth?

I am suffering from fever since last three days. I got Lanol ER 650 mg tablet three times for fever, and Rantac medicine two times as an antibiotic. I am not getting any better with this. My throat has some pain and my mouth is going dry even if I drink water, and yesterday my eyes started paining and since this morning, my eyes are paining. I am making a huge effort to move my balls. My head is also feeling heavy from the back. Please help me out.

Hematology Pathology
#

You are using a Paracetamol tablet to decrease fever and inflammation. You are also using Rantac that is antacid and not an antibiotic. Your symptoms are suggestive of viral pharyngitis most likely. I suggest you take Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days to relieve congestive symptoms. You should also take Limcee which contains Vitamin C 500 mg and it should be chewed rather than swallowing.

Do salt water gargles three times a day. Do not take excess spicy foods. Drink more water. You can also do diluted Betadine gargle instead of saltwater gargle. If no improvement in the next two days, then I suggest you investigate further with full CBC and throat swab culture or ASO titer. The weakness and tiredness can develop a constitutional symptom in viral fever.

| 

Why do I have eye pain even after using new glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eyes problem since last four years due to regular eight hours computer use. There is burning also sometimes and reading puts stress on eyes. I consulted a doctor and started using Softdrops daily 3 to 4 times before computer use, and taking Retinox tablets periodically...  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

I have headaches, eye pain and vomiting. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I have a cluster head ache for the past five years. I feel severe pain behind my eye, which normally ends with vomiting. This happens for three to four days at a stretch. I do not want to undergo any surgery immediately. Hence, kindly advise me medications t...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now