Q. Why am I having severe eye pain with fever, throat pain and dry mouth?

I am suffering from fever since last three days. I got Lanol ER 650 mg tablet three times for fever, and Rantac medicine two times as an antibiotic. I am not getting any better with this. My throat has some pain and my mouth is going dry even if I drink water, and yesterday my eyes started paining and since this morning, my eyes are paining. I am making a huge effort to move my balls. My head is also feeling heavy from the back. Please help me out.

Do you have a question on Eye Pain or Throat Pain?

Ask a Doctor Now

M.B.B.S., M.D
Hematology Pathology

You are using a Paracetamol tablet to decrease fever and inflammation. You are also using Rantac that is antacid and not an antibiotic. Your symptoms are suggestive of viral pharyngitis most likely. I suggest you take Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days to relieve congestive symptoms. You should also take Limcee which contains Vitamin C 500 mg and it should be chewed rather than swallowing.

Do salt water gargles three times a day. Do not take excess spicy foods. Drink more water. You can also do diluted Betadine gargle instead of saltwater gargle. If no improvement in the next two days, then I suggest you investigate further with full CBC and throat swab culture or ASO titer. The weakness and tiredness can develop a constitutional symptom in viral fever.

Why am I having eye pain and discomfort even after using new glasses?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eyes problem since last four years due to regular eight hours computer use. There is burning also sometimes and reading puts stress on eyes. I consulted a doctor and started using Softdrops daily 3 to 4 times before computer use, and taking Retinox tablets periodically...  Read Full >>
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of dry eyes (computer vision syndrome). There is no permanent cure for dryness. Power on both your eyes is negligible (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, if there is no headache then you can avoid these glasse...  Read Full

I have throat pain. What do I do?
Query: Hi, My age is 29 years. Yesterday I drank ice cold water in the afternoon. Since today morning I am feeling pain in the throat, body pain and laziness. Please suggest medicine for the same.  Read Full >>
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Start tablet Azithromycin 500mg once a day for three days after meals. Take tablet Paracetamol 500mg thrice daily for the pain relief. Drink plenty of water.Drink warm liquids. Gargle with warm salt water twice a day.Avoid cold, sour, junk, fried, oily, fatty foods a...  Read Full

I have headaches, eye pain and vomiting. Kindly advice.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I have a cluster head ache for the past five years. I feel severe pain behind my eye, which normally ends with vomiting. This happens for three to four days at a stretch. I do not want to undergo any surgery immediately. Hence, kindly advise me medications t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I want to inform you that a cluster headache is a type of a migraine and it needs to be managed like one. The guidelines suggest that if you have two or more days lost in a month due to a headache, the prop...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now