Q. I get persistent headache which subsides with painkillers. Kindly help.

Dr. Rohit Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 22, 2020

I am a 33-year-old female. I have a mild continuous headache on either side of my head, and it goes away with painkillers. I do not feel pain and spasm in the neck and no giddiness. No diabetes, and I am not on any medications. Please help.

#

Well, your headache seems to be not related to the usual medical causes.

I would suggest a few things:

1. Get your eyes checked. I think you are sitting too much in front of the computer, which causes headaches due to the radiations, even if it is minimal.

2. Take up some neck exercises regularly.

3. Reduce stress.

4. Medications and investigation. Get an x-ray cervical spine AP, lateral done. Start on tablet Ultracet (Tramadol) two times daily for five to seven days and tablet Ciplar LA (Propranolol) 20 mg once daily.

Please get back to me when you have finished the course or have got an investigation done. I would also suggest that it is best to get a full examination done to evaluate the reason clinically. You can visit an excellent local doctor for the same.

|