Eye Refraction

What can be done to reduce myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have myopia problem, but day by day it is increasing. What should I do to reduce it?  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, there is no proven treatment available for this condition. People have tried various treatments like intraocular pressure reducing drops, or atropine in children. It is a good practice to get your refraction done six-monthly as using improper glasses is a...  Read Full »

What care and precautions do I need to take for the cylindrical vision?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4.5 years old. He is having a cylindrical vision with -2.75 power on both the eyes. What care and precaution do I need to take?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep regular follow ups with your optometrist and eye doctor for repeated refraction for every 3 to 6 months. His refraction will keep on changing till 20 to 25 years of age as the eye grows and the shape of the cornea keeps changing. The main thing is avoid...  Read Full »

What do these vision screening numbers mean?

Query: Hello doctor, What does this vision screening mean? OD +0.75 +1.75 -200 @ 156 degrees. OS +2.75 +3.50 -100 @ 4 degrees.   Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a prescription for glasses for your child. The numbers in the lower row are the accurate prescription that must be used to make glasses for your child. The number in the upper row we can call it as a crude approximation. In the right eye, the patient has a sph...  Read Full »

I have myopia. What can I do to reduce power and quit glasses completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old boy and I have myopia (2.5 approximately in both the eyes) and I am wearing glasses since two and a half years. Now, I am thinking to quit glasses. What best can I do to reduce the power and quit glasses completely?  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavna

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Myopia is a refractive error. The change in your refractive correction should be checked every six months to note any progression/improvement. Even a fundus examination is necessary. The refractive correction needed can be given either via spectacles or contact lens...  Read Full »

How to correct my 8 months old daughter's squint?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 8 months old. She is having a squint or misaligned eyes. Please let me know the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, we need to check if the squint is a true squint or pseudo squint. If it is a true squint then, the first step is cycloplegic refraction. We will instill Atropine ointment for three days, and then we will check if any glasses are required or not. If there is a signi...  Read Full »

I have dizziness from the last one week. Can it be a brain tumor?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I am 5 feet and 9 inches tall and weigh 250 pounds. I have been feeling dizzy for one week and there is a little pressure on my head and ears. I did a blood test and EKG and all came good. I am attaching these reports. I am really scared that it could be a brain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are all normal. A headache in a patient with a brain tumor is generally dull and aching type. It is worse in the morning and is relieved with vomiting. Nevertheless, the most co...  Read Full »