Q. What should I do to reduce myopia?

Dr. Manish Mahabir
Published on Oct 11, 2018

I have myopia problem, but day by day it is increasing. What should I do to reduce it?

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Unfortunately, there is no proven treatment available for this condition. People have tried various treatments like intraocular pressure reducing drops, or atropine in children. It is a good practice to get your refraction done six-monthly as using improper glasses is a stimulus for eyes to grow more especially in children.

| 

I have dizziness from the last one week. Can it be a brain tumor?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I am 5 feet and 9 inches tall and weigh 250 pounds. I have been feeling dizzy for one week and there is a little pressure on my head and ears. I did a blood test and EKG and all came good. I am attaching these reports. I am really scared that it could be a brain ...  Read Full »

How to prevent headache in myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from myopia. My vision has been degrading continuously and I have continuous headache. It disturbs me so much while studying. What should I do? Will it continue or it can be prevented cautiously?  Read Full »

Is atropine recommended for progressive myopia?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. She has progressive myopia. She has a high spherical number in her right eye, which is -3.5 and left eye -1.75. She also has a constant cylindrical number which is -3.25 in the right eye and -2.25 in the left eye. According to her pediatric ophthalmologist, the ...  Read Full »