Q. I have dizziness from the last one week. Can it be a brain tumor?

Dr. Ambekar Sudheer

I am a 26 year old male. I am 5 feet and 9 inches tall and weigh 250 pounds. I have been feeling dizzy for one week and there is a little pressure on my head and ears. I did a blood test and EKG and all came good. I am attaching these reports. I am really scared that it could be a brain tumor even though I do not have a family history of brain tumor. I do have an anxiety disorder and have been in stress for a month now. I do not know if that is causing my dizziness. I smoke one pack of cigarette a day.

#

I have gone through all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are all normal.

• A headache in a patient with a brain tumor is generally dull and aching type. It is worse in the morning and is relieved with vomiting. Nevertheless, the most common causes of a headache are a tension headache, migraine and sinus headache.
  • Given that you have been through a recent stress in your personal or professional life, it is likely to be a tension headache. This should respond to analgesics such as Tylenol and elimination of stress. If the headache does not go away in a couple of weeks, you should do an MRI of the brain just to rule out something serious.

Hope this helps

For more information consult a neuro surgeon online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

I do not have a headache often. I am more concerned about a dizziness and a little bit of pressure on my head and eyes. I am really scared that it could be a brain tumor.

#

I believe the symptoms are not suggestive of anything serious.

• In addition to the previous recommendation, I suggest you also get your eyes checked for refractive errors. Something as trivial as a refractive error can give you a pressure sensation on the head and the eyes.

|