Q. What do these vision screening numbers mean?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Published on Nov 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

What does this vision screening mean?

• OD +0.75 +1.75 -200 @ 156 degrees.
  • OS +2.75 +3.50 -100 @ 4 degrees.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• This is a prescription for glasses for your child.
  • The numbers in the lower row are the accurate prescription that must be used to make glasses for your child. The number in the upper row we can call it as a crude approximation.
  • In the right eye, the patient has a spherical correction of +1.75 and a cylindrical correction of -2.0 at 156 degrees.
  • In the left eye, he has a spherical correction of +3.5 and cylinder of -1.00 at 4 degrees.
  • If I may ask, was an eye drop Homatropine used before the measurement of this refractive error? Because in children, we have to use Homide prior to refraction. Please ensure this and get the glasses for your child.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Guidance for Eye Checkup - How to Check for Perfect Numbers?

Article Overview: Refractive error is a very common problem. Here, I have discussed a few points as guidance for an eye checkup. Read Article

Dr. Snehal Himmatlal Shah
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Refractive error is very common among children and middle-aged patients. In case of eyesight problem, first, consult an eye surgeon. He will check your vision and refractive error with autorefractor. Cycloplegic refraction is a must for the first time refractive error checkup. Refractive Error Chec...  Read Article

What care and precautions do I need to take for the cylindrical vision?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4.5 years old. He is having a cylindrical vision with -2.75 power on both the eyes. What care and precaution do I need to take?  Read Full »

How to correct my 8 months old daughter's squint?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 8 months old. She is having a squint or misaligned eyes. Please let me know the treatment.  Read Full »