Q. What do to when eye was swollen following a hit?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

I got a ball hitted on my eye so my eye got swelling, redness and pain and also my vision is lightly blur. So kindly tell what I should do?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

This is a widespread scenario among children. The pain and swelling around your eyes will disappear. I recommend that you use ice packs to help faster recovery. The vision will likely improve in case you have any watering. This will happen spontaneously. I recommend that you see an ophthalmologist in case of no improvement in symptoms in a day or two. Redness, swelling, and pain can also occur due to a fracture of the orbital and facial bones. These will need repair to heal.

Blurred vision can be due to various causes after injury. The most important and dangerous of these is retinal detachment and cataracts. I hope this helps you.

| 

I have a swollen face. Shall I go to the ER or consult a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor,In the left side of my face right in front of the ear and around the lower back of my ear is swollen. I had a sore throat a few days before, and I have been coughing hard with lots of mucus. I had also swollen a teary, red, and slightly painful left eye, which started, a week before. Wh...  Read Full »

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full »

Why is my vision not clear even after cataract surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my first cataract surgery in the right eye four years back. Now again this year, I just had cataract surgery in the left eye. Just today, after three days of my second cataract surgery in the left eye, the vision in my right eye is not clear. When I am seeing contact names on my...  Read Full »