Q. What do to when eye was swollen following a hit?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 04, 2019

I got a ball hitted on my eye so my eye got swelling, redness and pain and also my vision is lightly blur. So kindly tell what I should do?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

This is a widespread scenario among children. The pain and swelling around your eyes will disappear. I recommend that you use ice packs to help faster recovery. The vision will likely improve in case you have any watering. This will happen spontaneously. I recommend that you see an ophthalmologist in case of no improvement in symptoms in a day or two. Redness, swelling, and pain can also occur due to a fracture of the orbital and facial bones. These will need repair to heal.

Blurred vision can be due to various causes after injury. The most important and dangerous of these is retinal detachment and cataracts. I hope this helps you.

I have a swollen face. Shall I go to the ER or consult a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor,In the left side of my face right in front of the ear and around the lower back of my ear is swollen. I had a sore throat a few days before, and I have been coughing hard with lots of mucus. I had also swollen a teary, red, and slightly painful left eye, which started, a week before. Wh...  Read Full >>

Dr. Philip Shenouda
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are multiple reasons for what you suffer from, and your case could be one of them. First, that could be part of the illness, which is acute upper respiratory tract Infection (viral or bacterial, usually viral comes with such symptoms). The swelling could be as ...  Read Full

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full >>

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more details about your problem. Since when you started to have this problem? Did it start immediately after the accident? Or it started after some gap? In which part of the head do you have headaches mostly? Is it only behind the eyes? What...  Read Full

Why is my vision not clear even after cataract surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my first cataract surgery in the right eye four years back. Now again this year, I just had cataract surgery in the left eye. Just today, after three days of my second cataract surgery in the left eye, the vision in my right eye is not clear. When I am seeing contact names on my...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and want to assure you that it is usually just a benign increase in tearing in both eyes after surgery that causes such a picture. It settles down on its own and will not need any further treatment than your post-operative medication. In ca...  Read Full