Q. What do to when eye was swollen following a hit?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

I got a ball hitted on my eye so my eye got swelling, redness and pain and also my vision is lightly blur. So kindly tell what I should do?

#

This is a widespread scenario among children. The pain and swelling around your eyes will disappear. I recommend that you use ice packs to help faster recovery. The vision will likely improve in case you have any watering. This will happen spontaneously. I recommend that you see an ophthalmologist in case of no improvement in symptoms in a day or two. Redness, swelling, and pain can also occur due to a fracture of the orbital and facial bones. These will need repair to heal.

Blurred vision can be due to various causes after injury. The most important and dangerous of these is retinal detachment and cataracts. I hope this helps you.

|