Q. What is the treatment for lower eyelid swelling?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

My right eye corner is swollen and having pain when I close my eyes for the last two days. Swelling is on the edge of the lower lid. My baby threw his soft toy which kind of touched my eye two days ago. From then onwards I am having this issue. Kindly suggest a remedy.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

It seems like the infection has occurred due to injury. It appears to be bacterial blepharitis. You can do hot fomentation first of all for pain relief. Vigamox (Moxifloxacin) eye drop six times a day for seven days. ocupol eye ointment at bedtime for five days. Start tablet enCifixime 200 mg twice daily for three days.

1. Tablet Diclopara plus (Diclofenac, Paracetamol), Serratiopeptidase once after meals for three days.

2. Tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once before breakfast for three days.

Please rule out any allergies beforehand. You will get relief within 24 hours.

Could you give me an alternate name for Diclopara plus Serratiopeptidase? I am not able to find that particular medicine. And also will it be safe to use contact lens while having this eye problem?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Diclopara plus Serratiopeptidase is a salt name, not a trade name. Try Spd plus. Please discontinue contacts for two weeks.

My eyes are red and I have a tiny white dot in my eyes. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor,About a week ago, I started feeling like an eyelash was inside my eye, and I rubbed my eye all day until I reached home. I could see my eye was very red, and around the cornea, there was a tiny white dot, the discomfort did not stop. A week later now I have one more dot, and my eyes are...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be allergic conjunctivitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Start with, 1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times a day for three days then taper it to two times a day for the next three days then decrease it to one time a d...  Read Full

What can cause upper eyelid swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed that the upper lid of my eye is swollen. It does not have the signs of inflammation but rather the lid is being like edematous. It is itchy in the night. Can it be normal again? What is it and what should I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and according to me you have developed an allergic contact dermatitis. It can be due to anything you have applied on the eyes or due to any volatile substance. I would recommend you ...  Read Full

Burning Sensation, Redness or Itchiness In Eyes? It May be Blepharitis

Article Overview: Did you know that burning sensation in the eyelid results from a condition called blepharitis? Learn more about it in this article. Read Article

Dr. Abhishek Onkar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

What Is Bleharitis? Blepharitis is a very common eye-lid disease affecting all and the sundry, but primarily affecting the children. In ophthalmic jargon, it is defined as the inflammation of eye-lids. It leads to following symptoms in varying combinations: Flakes/crusting on eyelashes Burning ...  Read Article

Ask a Doctor Now