Q. What is the treatment for lower eyelid swelling?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 24, 2019

My right eye corner is swollen and having pain when I close my eyes for the last two days. Swelling is on the edge of the lower lid. My baby threw his soft toy which kind of touched my eye two days ago. From then onwards I am having this issue. Kindly suggest a remedy.

#

It seems like the infection has occurred due to injury. It appears to be bacterial blepharitis. You can do hot fomentation first of all for pain relief. Vigamox (Moxifloxacin) eye drop six times a day for seven days. ocupol eye ointment at bedtime for five days. Start tablet enCifixime 200 mg twice daily for three days.

1. Tablet Diclopara plus (Diclofenac, Paracetamol), Serratiopeptidase once after meals for three days.

2. Tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once before breakfast for three days.

Please rule out any allergies beforehand. You will get relief within 24 hours.

Could you give me an alternate name for Diclopara plus Serratiopeptidase? I am not able to find that particular medicine. And also will it be safe to use contact lens while having this eye problem?

#

Diclopara plus Serratiopeptidase is a salt name, not a trade name. Try Spd plus. Please discontinue contacts for two weeks.

|