Face Allergy

Can Hydrocortisone cream be used if the face becomes red and inflamed after a chemical peel?

Query: Hello doctor,Five weeks ago, I did a much too deep Jessner and a 30 % TCA combination peel myself. I swelled so much 24 hours after the peel that my eyes almost shut. Yes, this was a terrible mistake. My face is still red, but slowly resolving and I have been keeping it constantly moist and have bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, there is redness on the side of the forehead. Redness from a deep peel can stay for months. Instead of a massage, I suggest you use a topical steroid cream, pr...  Read Full »

I have white spots on my face every summer since childhood. How to get rid of it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 and I have white spots on my face. Actually, I have this problem since childhood. The spots occur every year on my face, especially in summer. But this time it has been two months and they are still present in my face although I am applying sunscreen and keep my face moisturiz...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white spots you describe can be due to various causes. It may be due to a fungal infection called tinea versicolor which usually occurs in the summertime, or it may be an allergic reaction to the sun. I suggest using an antifungal cream like Clotrimazole 1 % cream twi...  Read Full »

Why do I have pimples after forgetting to remove my make up off?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and I have this problem for about two weeks. I think this is because I did not remove my make up after a party and slept off. And the very next day, I got small red pimples on my face. I have this redness or spots on both sides of my cheeks. What could this be? Plea...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This might be allergic contact dermatitis or cosmetic-induced acne. Make sure that you do not get exposed to that chemical within the next 10 days otherwise there are chances of sensitization and can cause further flare-up of the disease. Apply the following medicines o...  Read Full »

My new perfume has caused a very bad face allergy. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed a very bad face allergy, possibly caused by my new perfume. It itches very badly. It has created swollen patches on my chin, jaw, and cheeks. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stop using all the creams or cosmetics for the time being. I suggest you try doing the following: Wipe the affected area with saline water 2 to 3 times a day initially. Tablet Cetirizine, twice daily. You may require topical steroid like Hydrocortisone after the oo...  Read Full »

Please suggest a natural remedy for an allergic reaction in my chin.

Query: Hi doctor, I got an allergy in my chin. I have so many pimples, redness, and itching also. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Take some Multani mitti (fuller's clay). Add a pinch of turmeric powder and sandal powder in it, and make a paste using rose water and apply it on the area. After 10 to 15 minutes, when it starts drying, wash it away with simple water. Use it da...  Read Full »

Following delivery and blood transfusion, developed blisters on face. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I delivered a baby through normal delivery 15 days before and I got one unit of blood transfusion. Yesterday, I got rashes and blisters only on my face and it keeps increasing. What to do? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood transfusion and antibiotics are the two reasons, which can cause rashes in your situation. You have to wait and watch. If problem increases, then need to take some steps like change the antibiotics and evaluation of blood transfusion. But, if the problem resolve...  Read Full »

Can getting walls painted cause breakouts and rashes?

Query: Hello doctor,Could painting our interior walls cause our 6 year old to break out in a rash on her face? She has had mild eczema since she was a baby and is seen sometimes on her legs and arms. Shortly after we painted, a patchy rash appeared all over her face but nowhere else. If this is the cause, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is very common for an eczematous child to get a reaction or allergy to any chemical. And yes, paint does contain such an ingredient which can irritate the child's skin. Keep the child's skin well moisturized by applying Vaseline. I suggest applying 1 % Hydroco...  Read Full »

I have red areas on my face. Is this rosacea?

Query: Hi doctor, I am almost 22 and I am pretty sure I have rosacea. My face gets flushed frequently around my nose, a small part of my forehead and chin, particularly during summers. I also get small pimple-like bumps on the red areas, especially my nose. Sometimes the tip of my nose also swells up a li...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you attach your clinical picture along with your query so that it is convenient for me to comment on your condition. However, if it is rosacea, I would like to mention few skin care tips here: Avoid having very hot beverages like coffee, tea, and a...  Read Full »

I have a rash on my face that has come back more aggressive than before. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and suffering from a rash on my face. The first breakout was around five weeks ago. I noticed a red spot above my left eyebrow after hearing a stressful news and eventually it spread to my chin and above my lip. I was at the beach and after around three days, the ra...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be seborrheic dermatitis or photodermatitis. Allergies may be playing a role. All these are visual diagnosis and the lab tests or biopsies have limited or no role. Seborrheic dermatitis is more commonly present with dandruff and similar rashes on the neck...  Read Full »

Is it possible to react to Micellar water?

Query: Hello doctor, I usually cleanse my skin twice a day with Micellar water. However, there are days when I use it thrice a day if I get too sweaty. Is this bad? I think it makes my skin red whenever I use it thrice. Is it possible to harm my skin with this?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and micellar water is a cleansing agent the contains small balls of oil suspended in water. Any thing that causes redness has dilated the blood vessels and resulted in an increased blood flow to that area.  This is typically what happens whe...  Read Full »