Q. I have red areas on my face. Is this rosacea?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

I am almost 22 and I am pretty sure I have rosacea. My face gets flushed frequently around my nose, a small part of my forehead and chin, particularly during summers. I also get small pimple-like bumps on the red areas, especially my nose. Sometimes the tip of my nose also swells up a little. And a small part of my chin is bumpy almost all the time. I have also noticed that my skin has become a little leathery. Like it has aged. This has been happening since two years now. Although it was more noticeable last summer. It seems to go away during winters. I went to two different doctors, two times to each. One of them said it is age-related. And the other one just gave me an allergy medication. Which did cure my condition. But the symptoms started to appear again once I stopped taking the medication. What should I do?

#

I would suggest you attach your clinical picture along with your query so that it is convenient for me to comment on your condition. However, if it is rosacea, I would like to mention few skin care tips here:

1. Avoid having very hot beverages like coffee, tea, and avoid spices.
  2. Avoid getting close to the hot stove or hot flame.
  3. Use a good sunscreen with SPF 50, apply to whole face 30 minutes before stepping out.
  4. Use very mild cleansers, like Cetaphil or Episoft facial cleanser to wash your face.
  5. I suggest taking medicines like Metrogyl gel (Metronidazole topical), Ivermectin gel, along with Isotretinoin capsules according to your body weight for at least three months. This has to be under a dermatologist's monitoring. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Take care.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|