Q. Why is my fasting blood sugar level higher than postprandial?

Answered by Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Fasting Blood Sugar Level or Metformin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Why is my fasting blood sugar level higher than postprandial?

My fasting blood sugar is 130 to 135 over last four years. My postprandial sugar is between 90 to 110. Yes, my postprandial is less than my fasting sugar level. Usually, the reading will be taken after 1 hour 45 minutes or 2 hours after eating breakfast. I am unable to bring down the fasting sugar level. My HbA1c reading is 6. I am taking Glycomet 500 mg before dinner daily. Can you tell me why my fasting is higher than my postprandial?