Q. I have fatty liver and taking medicines. When will I get cured?

Published on Jun 25, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 29, 2019

I am suffering with fatty liver grade 2. My age is 28 years and weight is 72 kg. I am taking a medicine called Heptagon for the last two months which was given by my local doctor. I just want to know how much day it will take to cure my disease? And also any advice for me for fast recovery?

Hematology Pathology
#

The fatty liver cannot be treated by medications alone. You are taking Multivitamin tablet according to history. Kindly post photo of your medication to check its content. For fatty liver, Udiliv 300 mg daily can be useful. I suggest you take low fat diet and regular exercise. You have to control your weight and BMI should be within 25. Take Vitamin C rich fruits mainly in more amount. With all these efforts, you can control your fatty liver and can treat it as well.

Amla - a Treasure of Vitamin C

Article Overview: Amla is the one of the most important medicinal plants in the traditional system of medicine. It contains the highest amount of vitamin C and has other nutrients as well. I have discussed the health benefits of amla in this article. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

The wonder fruit amla (Indian gooseberry) is highly valued by nutritionists and practitioners of indigenous medicine. This is scientifically known as Emblica officinalis or Phyllanthus emblica.  Amla has been held in high esteem in indigenous medicine. It is acidic, diuretic and laxa...  Read Article

I feel lethargic and sleepy after lunch. Will taking multivitamins help?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old software professional. I have a lot of work pressure and also loads of stress and tension in my personal life. I sleep around seven to eight hours a day and stick to a very healthy and disciplined lifestyle with respect to timely food habits and taking a balanced die...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What epilepsy treatment are you on? Drugs prescribed for epilepsy as well as OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) can cause sedation. If it is not due to the drugs, you can try changing your meal schedule. It is normal for everyone to feel sleepy after a heavy lunc...  Read Full

Is it fine to take Ovares Plus to conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last four months. I have consulted my gynecologist and she found that I am having PCOS. She suggested me to take Ovares plus. Is it fine to take?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ovares tablet is a multivitamin with few antioxidants. This is usually prescribed as an added adjuvant tablet along with other medication. Most of the infertility specialists will prescribe some or the other antioxidant and multivitamin tablets. These antioxidant...  Read Full