Q. Is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease life-threatening?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

Hemoglobin: 14.3, platelets: 174000, SGOT: 38.9, SGPT: 65.0 and vitamin D: 23.6. All other reports are normal.

#

You seem to be suffering from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). This does not require any special treatment.

I suggest you avoid painkillers, alcohol, and reduce weight if you are obese.

I would also recommend you testing for hepatitis B and C.

I hope it helps you.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Is this life-threatening? Will it cause liver cirrhosis? I am very tense since I read the reports. Please give an answer to my doubts.

#

This is not life-threatening at your stage. It can progress to liver cirrhosis if it worsens.

Do not worry. Do as I suggested. You will be fine.

|