iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologyfeminine voiceMy voice sounds like a girl's voice. What can I do about that?

My voice sounds too low and girlish for an 18 year old boy. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Bharat Udey

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 24, 2017
Reviewed AtDecember 22, 2021

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am an 18 year old male, who weighs 112 kg. But, my voice does not match my body. My voice sounds too low and on phone, it sounds like a girl's voice. When I am talking with someone, they cannot hear me, and I need to focus and speak loudly.

Answered by Dr. Bharat Udey

• It seems that as per your age, your body weight is much higher than normal. In obese people, the testosterone levels can be on the lower side. As testosterone is the male hormone that determines the secondary sexual characters in males, it influences the hoarse male voice.
  • I would suggest you get your hormone profile done and consult an endocrinologist, dietician, and an otorhinolaryngologist for further evaluation. Thank you.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Bharat Udey

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrics

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Sexology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy