Q. My voice sounds too low and girlish for an 18 year old boy. Please help.

Dr. Bharat Udey

Hello doctor,

I am an 18 year old male, who weighs 112 kg. But, my voice does not match my body. My voice sounds too low and on phone, it sounds like a girl's voice. When I am talking with someone, they cannot hear me, and I need to focus and speak loudly.

#

• It seems that as per your age, your body weight is much higher than normal. In obese people, the testosterone levels can be on the lower side. As testosterone is the male hormone that determines the secondary sexual characters in males, it influences the hoarse male voice.
  • I would suggest you get your hormone profile done and consult an endocrinologist, dietician, and an otorhinolaryngologist for further evaluation. Thank you.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|