Q. Is it common to have sexual thoughts during fertile period?

Published on Jan 31, 2017

Is it common to have intrusive and persistent thoughts about potential sexual or romantic partners during the fertile period of the menstrual cycle? It happens to me every month and always about men I know and see constantly. It is like my hormones have suddenly taken control of my thoughts and are analysing the potential mates. It is not a particularly troublesome thing, but it does make me uncomfortable and worried about relationship decision as it feels like I might not be completely rational.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• Hormonal surge during ovulation period results in increased excitability, and this is the possible reason you have thoughts about potential sexual partners. To some extent these thoughts are normal.
  • But, if these intrusive thoughts are resulting in the disturbance in functioning or remain persistent in your mind, then that should be properly evaluated.
  • This could be occurring due to some anxiety or obsessive thoughts. Treatment and evaluation by a psychiatrist are needed.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

What are the reasons behind spotting that occur during fertile period?

Query: Hi doctor, I need confirmation about spotting during fertility window, high and medium. Is it normal for 20 years old lady?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been sexually active during your fertile window, then this could be an implantation bleed, get a serum beta hCG test to confirm pregnancy. If you are not, then the most common cause of mid-cycle spotting is ovulation bleed which is physiological in most ...  Read Full

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Article Overview: OCD is a common illness, with varying severity. It is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Treatment includes therapy and medicines. If not treated in time, OCD may progress further and can lead to secondary depression. Read Article

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Sometimes, it happens with that we feel our hands are dirty and not washed properly. So, we wash our hands twice over. At times, we have negative thoughts and keep thinking about it repeatedly, or we check the door lock or gas two to three times. But then, we forget about it later and move ahead. Fo...  Read Article

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to state that the stress and anxiety can affect almost every organ of the body and polyuria is not an exception. In other words, yes the stress can cause almost all the symptoms narrated in your qu...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now