Q. Is it common to have sexual thoughts during fertile period?

Is it common to have intrusive and persistent thoughts about potential sexual or romantic partners during the fertile period of the menstrual cycle? It happens to me every month and always about men I know and see constantly. It is like my hormones have suddenly taken control of my thoughts and are analysing the potential mates. It is not a particularly troublesome thing, but it does make me uncomfortable and worried about relationship decision as it feels like I might not be completely rational.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• Hormonal surge during ovulation period results in increased excitability, and this is the possible reason you have thoughts about potential sexual partners. To some extent these thoughts are normal.
  • But, if these intrusive thoughts are resulting in the disturbance in functioning or remain persistent in your mind, then that should be properly evaluated.
  • This could be occurring due to some anxiety or obsessive thoughts. Treatment and evaluation by a psychiatrist are needed.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|