Q. I am getting on and off cold and mild fever. What to do?

Dr. Sudeb Mukherjee

I am feeling mild feverish and cold from Saturday night. Sunday night I took Sinarest tablet and I was feeling good on Monday, but I feel mild cold and feverish around 4:00 AM. I am feeling feverish and mild cold sometimes, not always. I do not have any other symptoms. Please suggest.

#

As per your description, you have been suffering from fever for almost 4 days. You did not mention about high temperatures although. I want to know whether any rash anywhere in body or throat pain as such? I also want to know about your activities that include your travel history in the last 14 days. Whether any contact history with any person suffering from viral fever or not?

If answers to all of these questions are negative then you can take the following medicines and get back to me with all the reports I am suggesting.

Tablet Paracetamol 650 mg SOS (if temperature more than 100 degree F), Montair LC (Montelukast+ Levocetirizine)10 one tablet once daily.Take plenty of oral fluids. Gargle with lukewarm water.

If you are still feverish after two days you need to evaluate with following investigations.

CBC (complete blood count).

CXR (chest x-ray) PA (digital).

If any of the answers to my above questions is yes. Please inform me.

Already written above.

I have not traveled anywhere for the last three months and also not in contact with a person who is having fever. No throat pain. Actually Saturday morning, I went out for buying grocery with wearing mask and kept social distancing during my shopping. Sometimes I am feeling feverish inside the body and feeling cold around midnight and early morning.

Which tablet do I need to take? Any tablet name? How many times I have to gargle with lukewarm water?

#

Take tablet Pyrigesic 650 mg. Gargle thrice daily. Do not worry. As you have said earlier that all answers are negative, it seems to be a seasonal viral infection. It will go within a few days.

Also, take tablet Vitamin C (Limcee) 500 once daily for seven days.

|