Q. I had fever for two days with chest and throat pain. Is this COVID-19 infection?

Dr. S D Sinha
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 15, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 11, 2020

I had a fever for two days and felt a little pain in my chest and throat with body weakness on the fourth day. Now I am eating, moving, and walking normally. I doubt it is COVID-19 because I came in contact with infected people.

My question is if it is COVID-19, is it the end of it as I feel less pain? Or I may have other symptoms again?

I am currently taking Paracetamol and Azithromycin.

#

I feel sorry for your discomfort.

COVID-19 causes several symptoms including those happening to you. In addition, it causes breathlessness, cough, diarrhea, loss of smell, appetite, which associated with positive COVID-19 swab culture test and lung CT (computerized tomography) scan ground glass finding, can prove its presence. Hence to know for sure, you need to get tested for at least the swab test. The symptoms may have reduced for now but it has a tendency to revisit by 7-10th day.

In addition to the test, I recommend you do the following.

1. Steam inhalation thrice daily.

2. Salt water gargles twice daily.

3. Diet with rich proteins (meat, lentils, beans, soyabean, milk) and citrus fruits (sweet lime, lemon, orange, etc.).

4. Take tablet Zinc 50 mg one tablet twice daily for 15 days, Vitamin C 500 mg one tablet twice daily for 15 days, Vitamin D3 60K units one capsule once a week for four weeks.

Please look out for an increase in current symptoms and breathlessness. Please revert after the test and taking medicines in the next four to five days.

| 

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full »

I have throat pain, but there is no actual swelling. How to treat this?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. My symptoms are as follows: Intense throat pain while swallowing saliva. The pain radiates to the ear and sometimes, head and gives me a headache. Dry throat, especially in the area of pain. I also have a feeling of swelling in the throat, but the doctor said th...  Read Full »

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask an Infectious Diseases Specialist Now