Q. Kindly suggest a treatment for my daughter suffering from fever.

Dr. Prakashchandra Nagar

My daughter has been suffering from severe fever since yesterday. Kindly help.

#

For fever, I would suggest syrup Tylenol (Acetaminophen 500 mg). I cannot suggest a specific dose as there is no age or weight mentioned. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medicines with their consent. Also, If you can share the problem in detail, I can advise you on complete management.

My daughter has been suffering from severe fever since yesterday. I consulted with the doctor this morning, and we are giving medicines as per the prescription. Syrup Ibugesic plus 7 ml three times a day, Novamox CV dry syrup 5 ml two times a day, Rid-ar kid syrup 5 ml after dinner one time. Her height is 90 cm, and her weight may be 20 kg. Kindly suggest.

#

As per the information provided, there is nothing else except fever, so it is probably a viral fever and may take two to five days to subside. I suggest you give her syrup Tylenol 200mg or 5ml as and when the fever is occurs. You can repeat Tylenol every four hours if required. If the fever does not drop after one hour of Tylenol, give Ibugesic syrup (Ibuprofen-100 mg + Paracetomol-162.5 mg) 5 ml. You can repeat it up to three times a day if needed. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medications with their consent. As you have already started antibiotics, now complete the five days course, and then stop. Give her plenty of fluids and a normal regular diet. I hope this helps.

She is feeling well today. Her vomit mostly contains a cough, and she is feeling better today. However, one more question, when she cries any time during good health or while she is sick, her nose runs after every cry. Is this a natural, or do I have to do any checkups? Kindly suggest.

#

It is normal, and no need for any intervention.

|