Q. Why is my 9-year-old brother's fever not subsiding even after using the suppository?

Dr. Syed Muneeb Mohammad
This is a premium question & answer published on May 09, 2022 and last reviewed on: Dec 23, 2022

My brother is 9-year-old. His fever is now 104 degrees celsius, which started yesterday. Today my parents took him to the hospital, and he was given an Ace suppository and some liquid medicines, but his fever has not decreased. He feels dizzy, and his eyes are hurting, along with headaches. Please help.

#

Welcome to the iclinq.com.

Your brother seems to be suffering from acute viral illness causing pyrexia. As he is feeling dizzy and has headaches, it also points to diffuse illness due to some virus. There is no localization of infection, so do not worry he will settle in a day or two. Just give Paracetamol in proper dosage and a lot of fluids. Watch for the development of any new symptoms. Feel free to update me about the condition of your brother.

Thanks and regards.

|