Q. What are the possibilities of successful pregnancy with a 7. 3 cm intramural posterior fibroid?

Dr. Nadia Khan
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 25, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2019

Is it possible for me to have a successful pregnancy with a 7.3 cm intramural posterior fibroid? I would rather not have it removed.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

Probably it is possible as many women conceive and have successful pregnancies. But on the other hand, it is also a risk factor for the miscarriages, and it may or may not interfere with implantation though miscarriages are higher with submucosal ones. But it is not like that you cannot conceive or have successful pregnancies. You have the chances to get pregnant. Most of the intramural fibroids are notorious for making labor process complicated, but as far as implantation is concerned, they do not interfere much with it. I hope it has helped you. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I just found out I am pregnant. Is there any risk of malformation from Minoxidil?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 year old female who is overweight. I have been using Minoxidil 5 % topical solution for alopecia areata on the scalp. I just found out my urine pregnancy test is positive. Now I have stopped using it. I might be in the early weeks of pregnancy. Should I be worried about the fetus? ...  Read Full »

Why am I bleeding for the past 16 days?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been bleeding for 16 days. I have had blood tests done and an ultrasound done which both came back normal. My last PAP test was about 16 months ago which was also normal. I am 26 years old and currently taking Femme-Tab ED 20/100. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full »