Q. Can fingering the vagina make one pregnant?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Published on Jul 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am a 25-year-old female and for the first time, my partner did fingering in my vagina. And it was on the next day when my periods ended. He is pretty sure that his fingers did not have any semen. Also, he rubbed his penis over my body with both our lower body parts covered with clothes. Is there any chance of me getting pregnant in case his pre-ejaculated semen was on his hand while fingering into the vagina? Should I take an i-pill to eliminate the risk?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

It was next day at the end of your period. So, the chance of pregnancy is nil on this day.

Even if you had sex that day, you would not have got period.

So, there is no need to take an i-pill.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

But I have heard that even during periods, one can get pregnant. If I test after seven days and in case the result comes out to be positive, is there any way to eliminate the risk apart from abortion?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

If you are worried then take an emergency pill rather than waiting for pregnancy test which can only be done after your next period.

After seven days, it will not be confirmatory.

If you become pregnant, the chance of which is almost nil, then you will need a medical abortion.

Will existing semen in my tract slip out into the precum and cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had unprotected sex twice within two hours. I did not ejaculate inside her both the times and she urinated immediately after sex both the times as well. Within an hour, she took an I-pill. My only concern is would my precum or any existing semen inside my tract would s...  Read Full »

After I-pill, I had a flow but it was not heavy. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full »

Can I get pregnant just with precum?

Query: Hello doctor, I have to ask about my risk of pregnancy from precum. My husband just let his penis inside me three to four times without a condom and he did not have an orgasm. Could I be pregnant? This happened around two months back. I got my periods five days after the event which was my regular ...  Read Full »