Q. Can fingering the vagina make one pregnant?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I am a 25-year-old female and for the first time, my partner did fingering in my vagina. And it was on the next day when my periods ended. He is pretty sure that his fingers did not have any semen. Also, he rubbed his penis over my body with both our lower body parts covered with clothes. Is there any chance of me getting pregnant in case his pre-ejaculated semen was on his hand while fingering into the vagina? Should I take an i-pill to eliminate the risk?

#

It was next day at the end of your period. So, the chance of pregnancy is nil on this day.

Even if you had sex that day, you would not have got period.

So, there is no need to take an i-pill.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

But I have heard that even during periods, one can get pregnant. If I test after seven days and in case the result comes out to be positive, is there any way to eliminate the risk apart from abortion?

#

If you are worried then take an emergency pill rather than waiting for pregnancy test which can only be done after your next period.

After seven days, it will not be confirmatory.

If you become pregnant, the chance of which is almost nil, then you will need a medical abortion.

|