Flucloxacillin

Will consuming wine during early days of pregnancy cause harm to the baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in week 6 of my pregnancy and I am worried about some things that happened very early in the pregnancy before I knew I was pregnant. I had a few glasses of wine from day 0 to day 20. A total of six maybe and one glass and a half on day 20. I also took corticosteroids (Betamethasone)...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have not mentioned the date of your last menstrual period, I am assuming by day 0 you mean the starting date of last menstrual cycle. Because we calculate the pregnancy age from that date. So yes, the early pregnancy time is very important because the embryo is...  Read Full »

What could be the circular bumps on left buttock which are sore and itchy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need help regarding with some circle bump appearing on my left buttocks, it is so very itchy and sore. I just bought antifungal cream and antifungal soap over the counter but I still want to know what really is this appearing on my buttocks. I did take some pictures of it, so I can ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from red-colored circular bumps on your left buttock which are very itchy and sore. According to the pictures that are provided here (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I...  Read Full »

What makes the navel secretion woolly?

Query: Hi doctor, I have secretion from navel for the past nine months. Secretion appears like white cotton or wool like. It is not very smelly, no pain or itch or sore in the navel area. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It might be a bacterial infection. You should take capsule Flucloxacillin 500 mg twice a day for five days in empty stomach. Please note you do not have any reaction to Penicillin or sulfate drugs before taking this medicine. Review after five days to an internal medic...  Read Full »

Will Flucloxacillin help tooth abscess?

Query: Hello doctor, Will Flucloxacillin help in tooth abscess?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Flucloxacillin and Amoxicillin are all the drugs falling under the Penicillin group, and basically, these are all the antibiotics which fight against bacterial infection. 2. Metronidazole is again an antibiotic on its own. 3. Yes, these medications will help to ...  Read Full »

Does Flucloxacillin help in case of a dental abscess?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dental abscess. Will Flucloxacillin help?  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to know if you are sure it is a dental abscess or could it be another tooth infection. I do not know if you have visited a dentist for this problem. Also, if available, forward me your X-ray or any other investigation reports. If it is a dent...  Read Full »

I have a painful lump in my breast. Are my reports suggestive of a breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lump on my breast that is painful. It is on the right breast, under the underarms. I was given vitamin E medicine, and I was told to get ultrasound and FNAC. I have attached both my reports. The reports say FNAC smear prepared from right breast reveal abundant neutrophils admi...  Read Full »

Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn

Radiotherapist, Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the lesion looks suggestive of a breast abscess and not suggestive of a breast cancer. But FNAC is not confirmatory. Your ultrasound report was not attached. You...  Read Full »

A tender bump on the side of my nose is causing painful headaches. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tender bump on the side of my nose, which is slowly getting bigger. It is on the right side of the bridge of my nose, and it is hot to touch. It does not look red, but it is extremely painful. My eyes and forehead also hurt and is causing a very painful headache. I have chroni...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, but it would have been better if you had posted a photograph of the lesion. There are three possibilities: Herpes zoster of the ophthalmic division of trigeminal nerve. This one is a problem because it may affect the eye, so it needs to b...  Read Full »