Follicular Cyst

I have red lumps behind palatopharyngeal arch. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently noticed white little lumps on the spots at the back of my throat, one behind palatopharyngeal arch which is a red lump and another on the back of my throat each side with red bumps and white little things on them. What is it? I do not know how long I had it. I do not drink ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The red bumps with white little things on them at the back of the throat (behind the palatopharyngeal arch) are called lymphoid granules. These are lymphoid tissues that are normally present...  Read Full »

Please explain the result of my pelvic scan.

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently awaiting a call from my doctor on my ultrasound results. However, I am concerned about my ultrasound report and I am impatient now. The radiologist's notes on my pelvic ultrasound were as follows. CX appears WNL AS VIS. ENDOM appears thickened, complex with increased vascu...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. The cervix appears normal. This is the mouth of the uterus and is normal. The inner layer of the uterus is called the endometrium. It is thickened but there is no measurement given. It is also d...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some ayurvedic medicine to treat follicular cyst and PID.

Query: Hi doctor, I had endometriosis before four years. I got it removed, and then I got married. I have a child now. I am having pain in the left iliac fossa. It is diagnosed as follicular cyst and PID. What can I do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have pain in the left iliac fossa, and it is diagnosed as PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) and follicular cyst. But several other issues can also cause this condition. It can be due to colitis or constipation. You should take your kind attention to this problem. Yo...  Read Full »

Follicle develops into big cyst every month. Doctor says, it is because of subserosal fibroid. Is this correct?

Query: Hi, My wife has regular periods. All tests are normal. Her follicle develops into a big cyst every month. Doctor says it is because of subserosal fibroid. Is this correct?  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should consult a gynaecologist and get her hormonal profile done to rule out other causes if any. Follicular cyst may be because of PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) or it may be because of subserosal fibroid and also it can be because of hormonal changes. Sub...  Read Full »

How to resume my period?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married last month. Since my period date was clashing with my wedding date, I had to take some medicine in order to postpone my period. My normal period cycle is 27 or 28 days, but in the last few months due to stress and exertion, I had been getting my period 5 or 6 days early. So,...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your query. Let me explain you that you do not have any major problem and you will get relieved by the treatment itself. Yes, you can have intercourse now at least. You have taken Deviry (Medroxyprogesterone) for five days. Act...  Read Full »

How to identify an ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my report. Can you please have a look and let me know is it a cyst or an ectopic pregnancy?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Though the follicles in the left lower side are those of an ovarian follicle, I am afraid it cannot be commented up on accurately with serum beta-hcg (human chorionic gonadotropin) le...  Read Full »

A 20 mm follicle found on day 5 of menses. What does it mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a female weighing 65 kg and my height is 5'6". A 20 mm follicle found on day five of menstruation, what does it mean? I had cramp since day four till day six. Last month 5.7 mm hemorrhagic cyst was found on left ovary during day three but this month it got disappeared and now 20 mm ...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. Are your periods regular? Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) , prolactin, hemoglobin (Hb), total count (TC), differential count (DC) levels and cancer antigen (CA125) are all normal. Ultrasound of pelvis suggests follicular...  Read Full »