Q. I have itchy pimples on the surface of my scrotum. What can it be?

Dr. Gopinath
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 16, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

I am a 29 year old male. I am having pimples on the surface of the scrotum since last 7 years. Sometimes there is itching and irritation. My father also have the same problem, but still not taken any treatment. A sample picture is attached here with this query for your reference. Could you please help to solve the same.

#

From the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and symptoms my diagnosis is folliculitis of scrotum which is nothing but infection of the hair follicle.

First we should rule out whether you are a diabetic or not. For that get a blood sugar test done.

Avoid synthetic underwear.

Treatment would be a course of antibiotics preferably Ampiclox (mixture of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin).

Revert back after the blood sugar test to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|