Q. I have itchy pimples on the surface of my scrotum. What can it be?

Dr. Gopinath

I am a 29 year old male. I am having pimples on the surface of the scrotum since last 7 years. Sometimes there is itching and irritation. My father also have the same problem, but still not taken any treatment. A sample picture is attached here with this query for your reference. Could you please help to solve the same.

Dr. Gopinath

Urology

From the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and symptoms my diagnosis is folliculitis of scrotum which is nothing but infection of the hair follicle.

First we should rule out whether you are a diabetic or not. For that get a blood sugar test done.

Avoid synthetic underwear.

Treatment would be a course of antibiotics preferably Ampiclox (mixture of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin).

Revert back after the blood sugar test to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I have small red dots around the vaginal area. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is I have irritation and small red dots all around the vaginal area. It is like razor burn. This happened a year ago when I used an electronic hair removal device in the pubic area. I got some sensitivity and redness, and I ignored it thinking it to be an irritation that gets t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not use any exfoliating agent in the pubic area when there is already contact dermatitis. It leads to more inflammation, erythema, and burning sensation. Please send good quality clinical photograph and revert. Please mention what creams you have applied. ...  Read Full

What causes scrotum redness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I am having a burning sensation and redness in my scrotum. I consulted two doctors from the same hospital. The doctor diagnosed it as scrotal dermatitis. The first doctor prescribed the following: Motimesh cream (to be applied at night) for 10 days, Abzorb Dus...  Read Full >>

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be red scrotum syndrome. It is a chronic disease characterized by redness and burning on the scrotum. If I was your treating doctor, I...  Read Full

Why is my scrotum leathery and itchy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I had severe itching on my scrotum for the last one month or so. This issue first began before three years and has been on and off since then. I have tried several combinations of medicines, including Itraconazole, Terbinafine, Levocetirizine, etc., but only wit...  Read Full >>

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have just explained about your problem of severe itching in the scrotum. Do you have lesion or rashes or swelling of the skin or just itching? The treatment you are taking is for fungal. As you said you have itching on scrotum, fungal mainly involves groin area and...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now