Q. What is the reason for severe itch in genitals and the surrounding area?

Answered by Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Eczema or Itching Near Scrotum? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What is the reason for severe itch in genitals and the surrounding area?

I am 29 years old. I am suffering from itching genitalia for over 5-6 years and the severity would range from low to medium. It is mostly due to sweating in that area. I used to apply itch guard for a few days and it used to get fine. Now, over four to five months I have severe itching on my genitals that is in the penis, testicles and also the area below. I am using Candiderma powder frequently. But, when the problem increases I apply Quadriderm ointment at night for 2-3 days. There is also a lot of flaking and cracking of skin. I have attached the pictures of it. I usually end up itching while sleeping too. What can be the problem? What medication and precaution should I take?