Q. I pulled off a hair from my nose and it is swollen and painful. What to do?

Dr. Mohite Aniket Balasaheb

My nose hair got pulled off due to the swelling inside my nose, and it is paining a lot. One side of my nose is very hard and tight. Please help.

#

It is folliculitis of the nose. It is a common condition if a hair gets pulled out and the site gets an infection.

It needs the following investigation and medication. Review with reports and start the medication from today.

Pulling out of the hair.

CBC (complete blood count),
CRP (C-reactive protein),
Pus culture from the pus of follicle if it bursts.

Folliculitis.

Clavam (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg thrice daily,

Combiflam (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) one tablet thrice daily, and

hot fomentation.

|