Q. I pulled off a hair from my nose and it is swollen and painful. What to do?

Dr. Aniket

My nose hair got pulled off due to the swelling inside my nose, and it is paining a lot. One side of my nose is very hard and tight. Please help.

Dr. Aniket

General Medicine Hematology Internal Medicine
#

It is folliculitis of the nose. It is a common condition if a hair gets pulled out and the site gets an infection.

It needs the following investigation and medication. Review with reports and start the medication from today.

Pulling out of the hair.

CBC (complete blood count),
CRP (C-reactive protein),
Pus culture from the pus of follicle if it bursts.

Folliculitis.

Clavam (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg thrice daily,

Combiflam (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) one tablet thrice daily, and

hot fomentation.

| 

When should I go for a review after septoplasty and maxillary antrostomy surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had septoplasty and maxillary antrostomy four weeks back, but I still have swelling in the nose. My Rhinocort nose spray does not stay in my nose when I spray it. I rinse my nose with saline four times a day, and still, my nose is dry. I am going to get a doctor's appointment after ei...  Read Full »

Having some discoloration on the back of the scalp. Could it be folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I shave my head with a razor blade once in a few days as if shaving my face. I have been doing this for seven years now. Four years ago, my doctor noticed that I had a discoloration on the back of my scalp. He said it was nothing to worry about and had probably always been there like a b...  Read Full »