Q. Is it normal to get pus and blood come out while plucking an ingrown hair in pubic area?

I am a 20-year-old female. About a week ago, I noticed an ingrown hair in my pubic area. I left it for a couple of days and then put a hot compression on the area, exfoliated, and tried to free the hair. I used a pin to pull the end out of the skin so I could tweeze the hair out, but I ended up popping the pump and pus just started oozing out. It was sore the next morning and I let it go until tonight, I tried to free the hair again and just ended up squeezing the lump, this time it was a bit larger, again blood and pus came out, but I pulled a hair out with the tweezers and I believe that it was the ingrown hair. I just noticed that my right lymph node in my neck and my groin area are swollen. I would rather not go to see my doctor. Any advice? And the tweezers and pin were both sterilized both times.

#

After going through your history, I suppose you are having folliculitis. The lesion is filled with pus, then the best way to get rid of it completely is to incise and drain the pus completely. After draining the pus, you may have to apply antibacterial ointments like Mupirocin. This will take not more than three days to completely cure the infection there. Since you have enlarged lymph nodes, you may have to take a course of antibiotics like Azithromycin, Clarithromycin or Zifi 200 minimum for a week after consultation with a physician.

|