Q. I have egg allergy and suffering from stomach pain after eating a cake. Please suggest some medicine.

Dr. Amolkumar W. Diwan

I have got an egg allergy. I mistakenly ate a cake which contains egg in it. I am having severe stomach pain. What can be done in such a situation? Please suggest any medicine.

#

First, let me clear you that in case of any food or skin allergy, avoidance is the best treatment option. But many times, it is not possible to do so when our food contains some hidden allergens, which cause allergy symptoms, as you said.

Egg protein is the complete protein, and it is very difficult to avoid it, especially in the bakery items, ice-cream, and fast food like meatballs and meatloaf.

Egg allergy can be due to egg white protein or egg yolk proteins. And it is very difficult to separate the yolk from the egg white. So you should strictly avoid both of them.

You can use egg substitutes in various recipes. Consult your dietician.

The allergy symptoms can be gastrointestinal, respiratory, or pertaining to the skin like itching.

For treatment, the most important thing is to avoid eggs.

For itching, you can take Levocetirizine 5 mg one at night as required.

For stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting, I suggest taking Cyclopam (Dicyclomine and Paracetamol) twice daily for three days and Sompraz-D (Domperidone and Esomeprazole) one in the morning for ten days.

Egg protein allergy.

Skin prick allergy test or Blood allergy test.

Food allergy.

Avoid eggs, bakery items, ice cream, and fast food items.

|