Q. What are the small bumps on my foreskin?

Dr. Rabia

I have little bumps on my foreskin. Are they Fordyce spots?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

Yes, they are Fordyce spots (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have any symptoms in them? For how long you have noted? They are normal. Nothing to be worried about.

| 

I have them for the past two months. When I look closely with a phone camera I can see inside of those bumps tiny red dots. Like 4 to 5 in every bump. I will attach a clear photo. They are not causing any pain or itching.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

From this picture, the other differential I want to rule out other than Fordyce spots is genital warts. For this, I want to know certain things. Your age? Are you sexually active? If yes, does your partner have this problem? Are these lesions increasing in number?

Other STIs cannot present like this. It cannot be herpes that presents in form of painful ulcers and vesicles. It cannot be syphilis. It also presents as an ulcer. It can be a Fordyce spot but that is a bit yellow because it is sebaceous gland though it can appear like in your picture. Yes, it can be genital warts especially the red to black dots appearing in the picture. But that is also treatable. So you do not have to worry about that.

| 

I am 24. I am sexually active with my fiancee for over 1.5 years. We usually use protection. My fiancee got examined and she is fine. Those bumps are not increasing. In fact, some days may look less bumpy.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

Then you do not have to worry about that. Especially if you are using protection. That is more in favor of sebaceous glands that is Fordyce spots. Just to be observant if they increase in number or spread to other areas or if they give you symptoms or if they ever bleed, then take consultation. Take care.

|