Q. My foreskin is tight and not fully retractable. Please help.

Dr. Vivek Chail

I am 18 years old. I am uncircumcised, and my foreskin is not fully retractable. I am struggling to pull it back to expose about 20 % of the head when it is erect. When flaccid, it is easier to pull the skin, and I can get about 40 % to 50 % of the head exposed. My penis has a slight curve, and it is getting worse as my age increases. It curves drastically (about 45 degrees) to the left. I cannot recall any incident that has caused damage to my penis. I do not want to get circumcised. I have attached the images of the penis at its maximum point of retraction.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). No one has a straight penis. Your penis appears normal. However, if the curvature is getting worse and if you want to confirm it, then you can get an ultrasound scan of the penis done to check for plaques. It might indicate a pathological disease like Peyronies disease.

Please use lubrication jelly and try to retract the foreskin slowly in the flaccid state. Do not pull the foreskin forcefully. Please try to pull it back a little more every day. If there is a pain when pulling it again, then stop doing it and try it on the next day. If the complete retraction is not possible even after using lubrication jelly, then you have to consult the urologist.

|