Q. Can fordyce spots form a group of white bumps under the foreskin?

Answered by
Dr. Atishay Bukharia
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2019

Hi doctor,

I have a small group of white bumps under the foreskin on the bottom of my penis. They are not painful and they do not itch. Are they Fordyce spots?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Fordyce spots usually do not occur at that site, as they are ectopic sebaceous glands. They are most commonly found over normal skin covering the penis especially undersurface.

The two possibilities are tyson gland and skin tag.

Tyson gland: the site and look these structures are almost the same as in the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have sent. They are also sebaceous gland like those of fordyce spots but here different term is used.

Skin tag can mimic like anything.

Very rarely, hirsuties coronae glandis can also remain localized to a particular area instead of surrounding the whole corona.

Treatment is not needed. But, if you still want to go for removal, then go for electrofulguration or laser.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Hi doctor,

Can it be a wart?



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • No, morphology is not going in favor of warts.
  • Warts are usually friable and progressive in nature. Wart has a rough surface and in the photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity) you have sent to me they are having pretty smooth surface.
  • So, on inspection very less chances of them being wart.¬†Final diagnosis can only be made through physical and histopathological examination.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What is the skin tag connecting via side of my vulva skin?

.. have any other medical health issue or have been on medications? It is better to have a complete check and treatment if any health issue you have. Regarding discharge, it should be checked in the laboratory by sending a high vaginal swab to check ...   Read full

I have this on my penis and inner thigh. What is it?

Hi doctor, I have these on my penis, ears and inner thigh ...   Read full

What is the small fleshy growth in my anus?

For constipation, I suggest you try the following: Consume high-fiber diet for long-term control ... Some people need surgical treatment for bleeding hemorrhoids, but only if dietary measure...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
The Perils of Social Media Addiction
Social media addiction affects both physical and mental health. Read this article to know more.  Read more»
COVID-19 - Second Wave
The second wave of COVID-19 is a red flag. Read more to know about the precautionary measures.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.