Q. Can fordyce spots form a group of white bumps under the foreskin?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2019

I have a small group of white bumps under the foreskin on the bottom of my penis. They are not painful and they do not itch. Are they Fordyce spots?

#

Fordyce spots usually do not occur at that site, as they are ectopic sebaceous glands. They are most commonly found over normal skin covering the penis especially undersurface.

The two possibilities are tyson gland and skin tag.

Tyson gland: the site and look these structures are almost the same as in the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have sent. They are also sebaceous gland like those of fordyce spots but here different term is used.

Skin tag can mimic like anything.

Very rarely, hirsuties coronae glandis can also remain localized to a particular area instead of surrounding the whole corona.

Treatment is not needed. But, if you still want to go for removal, then go for electrofulguration or laser.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can it be a wart?

#

• No, morphology is not going in favor of warts.
  • Warts are usually friable and progressive in nature. Wart has a rough surface and in the photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity) you have sent to me they are having pretty smooth surface.
  • So, on inspection very less chances of them being wart.¬†Final diagnosis can only be made through physical and histopathological examination.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|