Q. Is there a need for root canal treatment in case of a fractured tooth?

Dr. Alfiya K Jamal

My premolar tooth is broken, do I need root canal treatment?

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

In the case of a broken tooth, first, we need to check the extent of the fracture. If you have only sensitivity then the fracture may be only up to dentin so permanent filling is enough. But, if the fracture extends up to the pulp then you can have pain which means it will go for root canal treatment. We can confirm it only after seeing the X-ray.

Decay or trauma.

Dental X-ray.

Fractured tooth due to trauma or decay.

X-ray followed by restoration or RCT (root canal treatment).

Thank you for the reply doctor. Appreciate your quick response.

#

If in case you have pain, I would suggest you use:

• Tablet Ketorolac 10 mg twice daily after food

|