Frequent Periods

What could be the reason for my delayed period this time?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I am 5.1 feet tall with 137 kg. I get my period every two weeks. I am almost a week late for my period but I am still having period symptoms. I am cramping, have constipation, getting pimples, and headaches. These are all the symptoms I have when I am on my p...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from increased frequency of menstrual periods with prolonged period symptoms like cramping, constipation, getting pimples, headaches, etc. Suddenly having two menstrual periods in a mon...  Read Full »

Will birth control pills cause frequent periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having very irregular periods since I began getting them. I have been on birth control to help manage and track them, but as of recently, I have been having more sporadic periods. For instance, from the beginning of January through the end of February, the pill I was on wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. I can understand your concern and what you are going through is a hormonal problem. The regularity gradually sets in with maturation of the HPO (hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian) axis ( as you grow older), and the treatment of choice is hormonal pills. The possibilitie...  Read Full »

Can the Nexplanon implant cause two periods every month?

Query: I’ve been on nexplanon for a year after my first baby. Every since the implant I have 2 periods every month. Before I started birth control I was regular. I knew exactly when I was starting my period. Recently my doctor told me to take birth control pills while on nexaplanon to see if it would de...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: dear welcome to iclinq. com Implanon is associated with altered bleeding patterns. generally it settels by a year time... 15 to 17 percent may continue to have very heavy n long cycle after implanon( this is becos of the progestronic effect on endometrium) ... do take hematinics as heavy bleedin...  Read Full »

My periods are very irregular and frequent with no problem in ultrasound. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a teenager and I got periods five and a half years back. In the start they were irregular. I took medicines for 21 days and I got my periods after a month but as soon as I left them after three months my periods became irregular. Then for some time I did not take any medicine, b...  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Philip

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are deeply troubled by your menstrual cycles. Heavy and frequent bleeding as you suggested will cause anemia and weakness and needs to be treated. On the other hand, if periods are infrequent and less flow, you can treat it without medications too. ...  Read Full »

What should I do for my elevated cortisol and DHEA levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done blood work and urinalysis. Everything came back normal except with slightly elevated cortisol of 25 ug/dl in the morning and elevated DHEA-S of 480 micrograms per deciliter also in the morning. My urine has some microscopic blood in it. I get my periods two times a month. Ple...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The normal upper limit of DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) for your age is 400 micrograms per deciliter of blood. Your level is 480 micrograms per deciliter of blood which is a mild elevat...  Read Full »

Is my bleeding due to periods or implantation?

Query: Hello doctor,I had my period 15 days after my previous one. Normally, my periods are irregular, they are 10 to 15 days late or sometimes early, but not 15 days after the old one. Is it normal? I did not have sex but was close with my fiance just two days after my previous periods. His penis was on m...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described your history that irregular periods are already there. You are a teenager as well could have some irregularities in cycles as the phase of development but continuous irregular cycles need to be investigated actually. Strict diet, strenuous exercise...  Read Full »

I am having my period for the second time this month. Is it normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having my monthly period for the second time this month, as well as feeling lightheaded with headaches and am in a lot of pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having periods more than once in a month can sometimes happen due to stress or other factors. But if it happens repeatedly, you may have to get yourself checked by a gynecologist. Meanwhile, if you are having heavy bleeding, you can take tablet Tranexamic acid 500 m...  Read Full »

Is bleeding after 10 days of periods normal in a 17-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor,My 17 years old daughter had her periods last month as normal for six days. After 10 days, she suddenly got bleeding again. Apparently, it looks like periods. Is it normal? She had this problem of having her periods occurring quite frequently twice a month, but since last year it was go...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are teenager menstrual cycles. They can have frequent cycles and anovulatory cycles with premenstrual syndrome (having multiple cyclic symptoms near and around periods like abdominal cramps, mood variations, vomitings, nausea, etc. Yes, you should have a check-up ...  Read Full »