Q. Is there any treatment for frequent urination in ayurveda?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

My sister is 20 years old. She does not feel bladder emptying and she was diagnosed to have a weak bladder. She has frequent urination problem and undergoing allopathy treatment for the past one year. Still, there is no significant improvement. Is there any treatment for frequent urination in ayurveda?

#

• The weakness of the bladder has already been diagnosed. This weakness is due to the weakening of urinary bladder muscles. As a result, the bladder is unable to control the urge of voiding whenever it is full.
  • The most effective thing in weak bladder is to do exercises, which will strengthen your bladder, so that it will be able to hold urine for more time. Increase the muscle tone and train the bladder to hold urine for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Once you able to control this much of time, gradually your stamina will increase.
  • A particular set of exercises is done to increase the muscle tone of the bladder area called Kegels. You can tell your sister to practice these on a daily basis and you will see positive results.
  • You can also set the timing for her to urinate and go on that particular time to urinate. This will also reduce the urge of voiding. Go for a walk daily at least for 30 minutes. This will increase the pelvic blood flow and strengthen the muscle tone too.
  • Now coming to medication, I suggest tablet Flotrol one tablet twice a day for four weeks for weak bladder. If you face difficulty in finding this medicine then you can simply take pumpkin seeds (4 to 6 seeds daily). Because, this medicine contains pumpkin seeds and soy germ and it helps to overcome the problem.
  • I also suggest cranberry juice. If you cannot take it regularly, then take it twice or thrice a week. It will help in increasing the muscle tone.
  • I also suggest black sesame seeds and jaggery and make a powder from it. Take one teaspoon of this powder twice a day. This powder will help in reducing the urge and you will soon see the positive results.
  • Sleep adequately for at least 6 to 8 hours and tell her to do not take stress as stress will increase the problem.
  • Take the allopathy medicine with the advice of your doctor and try all these things along with that. You will soon find positive outcome.

Urodynamics if needed.

Revert back after a month to an ayurveda specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|