Q. Will a fall in progesterone and estrogen levels disturb implantation?

Dr. Sree Gouri Sr
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have done a FET transfer cycle before ten 10 days. My hCG pregnancy test is tomorrow. Are nine days too early to test? My other real concern is that on the day of transfer, my estrogen levels were 223, and progesterone was >40.0. Before four days my estrogen levels were 106 and progesterone was 35.

I am still currently supplementing both estrogen (Estrace by mouth twice a day) and progesterone (PIO 1 ml IM once a day, and Endometrin suppositories twice daily). Does the drop in both hormones indicate that implantation did not take place? I find it unusual for both levels to drop simultaneously, especially while supplementing.

Dr. Sree Gouri Sr

Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Usually, the levels of estrogen and progesterone will increase from early pregnancy to the third trimester. But often there will be some range of the hormones according to the gestational age. Though the levels of hormones little decreased in your case, they are still in the normal range according to the gestational age.

Like during four to five weeks, the progesterone levels should be 11.2 to 90 ng/ml. And estrogen levels should be 100 to 400 pg/ml. So, according to this, your levels are still within normal limits so better to follow the course advice to your gynecologist and undergo hCG test as advised. I hope I have answered your query, and I will be happy to answer any further follow-up queries.

Blood test for hCG as advised.

I got period in mid follicle stimulation cycle. Is it fine?

Query: Hi doctor, I was going through follicle stimulation. My doctor started with Siphene 100 mg for five days, moved to FSH injections 75 for five days and when there was not enough growth in follicles she asked me to inject Humog 75 for two days. However, I got my periods the day I took the first Humog...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Getting periods in between only means that the follicles were not healthy enough. This is usually triggered by poor ovulation induction. Endometrial growth depends on the estradiol release from the follicles. So if follicles are not good, estrogen levels are not correct...  Read Full

Why am I losing more hair in the crown region?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old woman. I weigh 70 kg and my height is 5 feet 4 inches. I am facing severe hairfall problem. I can see the roots coming out with the hair. I am a working professional, had premature graying so I used to apply color to cover gray. Last year I had Adgain capsules and ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your question. First thing is, I recommend you to do the following tests: FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone) ratio. Serum cortisol levels both AM and PM values. Check for ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic hormone) levels in blood. Get the...  Read Full

Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD)

Article Overview: This article deals with the treatment of autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) through homeopathy. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) is characterized by skin rashes whose severity is directly dependant on the phase of the menstrual cycle. It appears at the second half of the menstrual cycle during which the progesterone begins to rise. The rashes subside immediately after menstruation ends...  Read Article

Ask a Doctor Now