Q. Why am I having difficulty swallowing, sore throat, and white spots in throat?

For the past few days, I have had difficulty swallowing, a sore throat, and these white spots on the back of my throat that keep getting bigger. I was already tested for streptococcus which was negative and I am wondering what else it could be?

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

You seem to suffer from fungal sores and ulceration of oral cavity and oropharynx. I suggest you do a local application of Clotrimazole (Clotrin) gel over the affected area thrice daily after rinsing the mouth with Benzdymine oral rinses. In addition, Tylenol will help in relieving the pain and inflammation. Avoid spicy foods, citrus foods, extra warm foods, masalas, smoke, and alcohol until it gets better. Additionally, take Multivitamin supplements and especially Vitamin B12 supplements till you are better. You may require a course of Fluconazole tablet, which is taken once now and then one more tablet a week later.

|