iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyfungal infectionWill Candid-B help in fungal infection on penis?

I have fungal infection on penis with testicular pain. Kindly help with medications.

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Vinodhini J.

Published At January 19, 2021
Reviewed AtAugust 30, 2023

Patient's Query

I have prescribed Candid B ointment for penis fungal infection. I have been using it for four years, almost every day. Now, for the past two weeks, I have testicular pain, mostly in the right testicle. All investigations are done, including USG, Doppler, and oncology tests. All are fine. Please advise. I still use Candid B once a day.

Candid B is a steroid and should not be used for long. Switch to plain Candid cream for fungal infection. You can also add any anti-allergic like tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) 120 once or twice daily as required and after stopping Candid-B. Otherwise, you can visit your local dermatologist to evaluate whether it is a fungal infection or dermatitis. For testicular pain, a short course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory might be needed. For example, you may take tablet Lyser D (Diclofenac Sodium and Serratiopeptidase) twice daily for five days for the pain. This is an anti-inflammatory that will help to decrease pain and swelling.

Patient's Query

I have already taken antibiotics for 20 days, but no relief. With increased antibiotics, I get mild rashes in my penis in spite of using Candid B. I am a diabetic with a fasting reading of 120 to 130 mg/dl. I was COVID-19 positive two months back and was home quarantined for 14 days. Is there any connection between COVID-19 and testicular pain? It was a fungal infection.

There does not seem to be a relation between COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) and testicular pain. If you have already taken antibiotics, it is better to take anti-inflammatory Lyser D, as suggested in the message above. You can continue it twice daily for seven to ten days if needed. Instead of Candid cream, you can use Onabet cream, and it is more effective for fungal infection in people with diabetes, but do not use Candid-B. Follow up after 15 days.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

candid creamfungal infection

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy