Q. I have fungal infection on penis with testicular pain. Kindly help with medications.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 19, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2021

I have prescribed Candid B ointment for penis fungal infection. I have been using it for four years, almost every day. Now, for the past two weeks, I have testicular pain, mostly in the right testicle. All investigations are done, including USG, Doppler, and oncology tests. All are fine. Please advise. I still use Candid B once a day.

#

Candid B is a steroid and should not be used for long. Switch to plain Candid cream for fungal infection. You can also add any anti-allergic like tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) 120 once or twice daily as required and after stopping Candid-B. Otherwise, you can visit your local dermatologist to evaluate whether it is a fungal infection or dermatitis.

For testicular pain, a short course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory might be needed. For example, you may take tablet Lyser D (Diclofenac Sodium and Serratiopeptidase) twice daily for five days for the pain. This is an anti-inflammatory that will help to decrease pain and swelling.

I have already taken antibiotics for 20 days, but no relief. With increased antibiotics, I get mild rashes in my penis in spite of using Candid B. I am a diabetic with a fasting reading of 120-130 mg/dl. I was COVID-19 positive two months back and was home quarantined for 14 days. Is there any connection between COVID-19 and testicular pain? It was a fungal infection.

#

There does not seem to be a relation between COVID-19 and testicular pain. If you have already taken antibiotics, it is better to take anti-inflammatory Lyser D, as suggested in the message above. You can continue it twice daily for 7 to 10 days if needed.

Instead of Candid cream, you can use Onabet cream, and it is more effective for fungal infection in people with diabetes, but do not use Candid-B.

Follow up after 15 days.

|