HomeAnswersDermatologyfungal infectionWhy are my armpits gray, itchy and scabby?

My armpits are gray, itchy and scabby. Why?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 27, 2023
Reviewed AtJuly 27, 2023

Patient's Query

My armpits are gray, itchy, and scabby. It involves my entire armpit, and it extends down to my side boob and around my shoulders. I do not know the reason for having it. I also had the same problem last year too. I always have a lot of sweating.

Answered by Dr. Shanza Ikram

You may have a fungus on your skin. Please mix Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole cream in equal amount and apply it over the skin two times a day for 14 days. Maintain good hygiene. Try to avoid having sweating as much as you can. Apply deodorant regularly. Please send a picture to guide you further.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Shanza Ikram
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

clotrimazolefungal infection

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy