Q. Please suggest a remedy for my itching.

Dr. Joydeep Singha
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a female, aged 22. I started facing some itching problems in my hip region, including the buttock cleft for almost 2 to 2.5 years now. The itching occurs occasionally, but now it has led to darkening of the involved area. Sometimes, small papules arise on the area as well. I am really concerned now as it looks extremely bad due to the pigmentation. Also, it itches a lot. Please give me a remedy regarding my problem.

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• I suggest Clotrimazole 1% cream twice daily for six weeks and additionally tablet Fluconazole 150 mg per week for six weeks. This will give benefit to you.
  • You should also test the stool for helminths and ova of parasites to exclude pinworm infestation. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from heavy itching and irritation in the area between thighs near genital area and asshole area. Currently, I am using Candid B lotion and Clotrimazole cream.  Read Full »

I have severe itching in the groin area. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itchy boils on the scrotum and groin areas. During the day, I feel too itchy, and due to the itching, I have developed rashes which are painful. When I try to break them, it starts to bleed. Sometimes, I have the itchiness during the night as well. I have attached an image for y...  Read Full »

I have pain in the penis after frequent sex. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am married since six years. I went abroad for a project for two months. There were no sexual relations in these two months. I just came back from the project and am having sex twice a day for the past three days. Now, I have a slight pain in the tip and ba...  Read Full »