Q. What medicine shall I use for inner thigh infection?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Due to excess sweat, I have some infection in my inner thighs. It seems like a layer of skin is out of my testes. It is paining a lot. What shall I use for relief?

Do you have a question on Fungal Infection or Antifungal?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

MBBS., MD DERMATOLOGY
Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology

• It could be due to fungal infection.
  • Plain antifungal cream is to be used twice daily. For example, you can use Candid cream (Clotrimazole) twice daily.
  • Proper oral and topical medicine for one or two months is necessary to cure your fungal infection.
  • Remember to wear loose cotton clothing, especially when at home.
  • Avoid hot and humid climate. Keep the affected area dry and avoid synthetic innerwear.
  • If any other family members are affected, then they must also be adequately treated to prevent recurrence.
  • Please put one or two photos of the affected areas, so that the further course of medication and cream can be advised.

Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have pain in the penis after frequent sex. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am married since six years. I went abroad for a project for two months. There were no sexual relations in these two months. I just came back from the project and am having sex twice a day for the past three days. Now, I have a slight pain in the tip and ba...  Read Full >>

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can apply Acyclovir cream and Clotrimazole cream both together, thrice a day, until completely free of the problem and four to five days after that, use condoms. For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexolo...  Read Full

General Measures Against Fungal Infection and Use of Antifungal Agents

Article Overview: This article discusses about the commonly used antifungal agents and general measures to prevent dermatophytosis (ringworm or tinea), which is very common during summer. Read Article

Antifungal agents are usually applied for two to three weeks twice daily. Over application can irritate sensitive and damaged skin. The following are the different antifungal agents that are used for various fungal infections. Imidazoles, which include Miconazole 2%, Clotrimazole 1...  Read Article

Can you suggest a good cream for pityriasis versicolor?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this skin condition called pityriasis versicolor. My regular dermatologist prescribes a single dose of Fluconazole 450 mg and it recurs after a few weeks or months. Could you suggest something better to me like a skin cream?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. I suggest using topical Clotrimazole cream local application twice daily and use 2 % Ketoconazole shampoo applied once daily for three consecutive days per week till the clearance of lesions. Other oral antifungals in case of relapse are Ket...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now