Q. Why should not I use Hh Zole cream for long term?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2019

I have fungal infection in groins and underarms. My doctor suggested me to use Hh Zole and Clocip. After using Hh Zole cream alone I got better result. But, my doctor suggested me to continue with Clocip cream. Why should not I continue with Hh Zole? Please explain.

#

• Hh Zole cream is a combination of Mometasone which is a mild steroid and Clotrimazole is antifungal.
  • These combination creams are use initially used to control fungal infection with inflammation and itching.
  • But, steroids cannot be used for long time since they have major side effects and can also lead to flaring up of infection later.
  • Your doctor advised you to switch to Clocip which is only Clotrimazole without any steroid component which can be used over long period. So, I would suggest you to use Clocip only.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Now my infection is almost cured. Can I have sex with my partner? I am using Melalite forte cream to lighten up the dark patches caused by infection. Is it useful? Thank you.

#

• If the infection is cured then you can engage in sexual activities.
  • Melalite forte contains Hydroquinone which reduces production of melanin and hence is a good bleaching agent. You can use it for post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

|